- Total Fat
- Mono-Unsaturated Fat
- Dietary Fiber
Health Benefits Info
- Hazelnuts are heart-healthy. Consuming just 1.5 ounces of hazelnuts per day may help reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease
- Hazelnuts have Folate content .Healthful diets with adequate folate have been linked to a decreased risk of neural tube birth defects and may help to reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease and depression
- Hazelnuts have the highest proanthocyanidin content. These compounds are known for contributing astringent flavor to foods and may help reduce the risk of blood clotting and urinary tract infections.
- Hazelnuts provide dietary fiber. An ounce of raw hazelnuts has 2.7 grams of dietary fiber. Dietary fiber is a cholesterol-lowering nutrient and may prevent constipation because of its laxative effect. Healthy adults on a 2,000-calorie diet should aim for at least 28 grams of dietary fiber.
- Hazelnuts are particularly high in two minerals: manganese and copper.